Friday, December 21, 2012

Wow......

Today was the first time I was able to see Everest! It looked really far away. This blog comes to you from the Shangri-La guest house and Restaurant in Namche Bazar! Elevation is 3500m and it's only up from here! I did have some trouble getting out of Katmandu (3 days of flight canceled) We were lucky and Pansang hooked us up on a flight with a helicopter to Lukla! I even got to sit up front with the poilet, and he did'd let me fly it.Video to come when I can figure out how! This second day on the trail ended with a sun set over Everest at 3600m. It is something that I could not put into words.
Back to work in the morning with a 4-5 hour hike. Feet are fine and the hight has not been a problem. Let's hope this holds up. Well off to bed and thanks for following!

3 comments:

  1. Go Ken! One foot in front of the other. Stay safe! At some point after you return, I want to talk with you about this trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to post this in an earlier post, but it didn't make it. I have been following your blog with great interest. I must say this is my dream, bucket list trip. I am very envious. For years, I read quite a bit about Everest and the various climbs. I want to go as far as Base Camp and view Everest. Wow is right. It must me a grand sight. Good for you. I look forward to your photos (and video.) I'd like to hear about the logistics, etc. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to follow your adventure. Way to go Ken - we are so impressed with your undertaking. What an inspiration to others to follow your dreams. Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete