Wednesday, December 19, 2012

When the wind blows

Can not change mother nature
Today is the second day that we went off to the airport all set to go to Lukla and mother nature has given us a curve ball! All set on the first day with boarding passes in hand when the first flight comes back due to high winds! We waited about 4 hours and it did not get better. We tried again today but they didn't even give out any boarding passes and we all went home again. If it is not safe to fly into Lukla it's not worth the chance. If we don't get on a flight tomorrow then I am going to fly on a helicopter up to Lukla. I will be on the mountain and hiking on Thurday. Pasang has made some changes to our trip but I think we are still on schedule. Just a little more work then before. This is my last post from Kathmandu before the hike!
Funny thing is that I can fly halfway around the world without any problem but I am stuck trying to fly 45 min up into the mountains! Wish me luck....



No comments:

Post a Comment