Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Down to the wire!

Wow it is only 10 days now until I fly out on this world wide adventure! It has been 10 years since I came up with this idea to travel to Nepal and visit base camp of Everest and now I am only 10 days way. It was years of thinking about it and months of planning. Lots of internet spots checked, airfares checked, money raised, and gear purchased, sharing with friends and now it is almost here!
Travel has always been a joy for me. Backpacking thru Europe, Pecos NM mountain range, travels all over the US and now off to Nepal for the grand adventure. Here is something that has been with me these last couple of week that I want to share. “Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the idea of living.”
I am not sure how much of this blog I will be able to keep up with on my trip but I will try to keep in touch so follow along with me please. If you would like to add a comment please do so to my e-mail : kklenk@ycds.org I look forward hearing what you all feel about this!
Somebody asked me how I feel about being so close to my trip and I am not really sure! I have all my gear and everything is all set but the idea of the unknown is very exciting. To travel to airports half a world away and step off a plane in a world that I have only read about is very exciting! It has been a great deal of fun setting this all up and now I guess the work is just beginning!    

No comments:

Post a Comment