Monday, December 10, 2012

Now you see it, now you don't!





All checked!

All packed
























Now you see it, now you don’t!

Wow you really don’t understand how much stuff you are going to bring on a trek until you lay it all out! This past weekend I purchased a couple odds and ends and I think I have everything.

I took some time this weekend to lay all my gear out so I could make sure I had everything and maybe even cut back on some of the stuff. Well Betsy wants me to take two of everything and loads of extra things “just in case”. The pack is jammed full and busting at the seams so I think some stuff will have to stay home! It is so hard to make sure that you have everything that you need before you leave even if you are not sure what kind of weather you will have. One thing is for sure that it will be cold.

My guide Pasang sent me a photo of his group up at base camp. He is well on his way back down now getting ready for the next trip. The days go by slowly with Saturday right around the next bend. It still feels like forever. Oh ya, last words of wisdom for the day: Next time somebody asks you to cut down a tree with a chainsaw a week before a trip of a lifetime, tell them that you will do it when you get back. I put a nice hole in my jeans and a good gash in my leg! Nothing that will slow me down!

Photo: Everest base camp
Base camp on Sunday 12/9/12


No comments:

Post a Comment