Saturday, December 15, 2012

Up, Up and Away!

Flight bag, town bag and home bag!



Departure day
After all the things I have done, the day has come for me to depart on the trip of my life. At school of Friday the whole lower school gave me a great send off. I brought my pack in so the kids could get an idea of the size and weight of it. A couple of students even tried it on and wanted to come with me. It is so great to share this dream with so many people. The students had so many question and so many hugs. I sure hope that I can skype with them from the trail.
All the bags are packed and the last minute stuff is all taken care of. I think I am all ready and set. Spoke with Pasang and he is back off the mountain and ready for my trek. All I need to do is find him at the airport, (after my four flights). I even have my seat on the first flight, 37F and if I’m lucky I will have at four seats in the middle. First class was all full so I guess I have to fly with the common people.
Katie and Andy are both home from school after finals and it is great to see them before I take off. Betsy is still not too keen about watching me fly off to the other side of the earth but I promised I would come back with some great photos and stories. She is just the best to let me do this crazy stuff. It is going to be the first time in 25 ½ years we will not be with each other for Christmas. While you are enjoying Christmas day please think about me at the base camp of Everest!
Live life like there is no tomorrow   

No comments:

Post a Comment